Linked in just released its new social platform in attempt to building the professional web. This will allow developers to integrate Linked In into their webpages like Facebook and Twitter does. This will include:
- Sign In with LinkedIn, which makes it easier for users to authenticate or register for your site using their LinkedIn identity
- Share, a button which enables users to share your website with LinkedIn’s professional audience
- Member Profile, which brings LinkedIn profiles to your site
- Full Member Profile, which brings larger, more detailed LinkedIn profiles to your site
- Company Profile, which displays key company info at-a-glance
- Company Insider, which shows rich company data from several different views
- Recommend, a button which enables users to recommend your products and drive traffic back to you
Here is how to implement the Linked In share button into your website.
First go to: http://developer.linkedin.com/docs/DOC-1283
Enter the URL you would like to share. and select the type of button.
Click get code and you are done. If you want to dynamically change the URL then edit the generated code to the following:
Then you are finished.
This will be a great way for others to share your content on the web to their professional connections. This will be more effective then Facebook and Twitter when trying to promote your work.
What are your thoughts? Do you think may people will turn to Linked In integration over Facebook integration?